18 September 2007

Heart Tart Cookies


Heart Tart Cookies
Originally uploaded by Northern Miniatures
My very first dollhouse miniatures show is one month from tomorrow and I am so unprepared that it is scary. I've recruited tons of friends and family members to make things for the show as I know I can't possibly do it on my own while holding down two jobs. As it stands now, I get out of work, make miniatures for 3 hours and then start work again. When I get out of the second shift I make minis until 2 or 3am and then I fall asleep and start the process again in the morning.

When I woke up this morning my eyes were so puffy from lack of sleep that I felt like I'd had Larry, Curly and Moe sleeping in my bed with me shoving their fingers into them. It was awful. Last night I made 20 breakfast platters on assorted coloured plates, 10 plates of these cookies and 7 plates of chocolate chip cookies. By the time I had finished there was almost half a shelf filled with food. Not enough. Not good enough. The cookies look great, but I need more stuff! Ahhhh!

These are so awful to make because I insist on cutting each heart out with a razor blade. They are all unique in their own way. I then add colour, bake and finally glaze them with a bit of faux jam. Heart tart cookies. Mouth-watering but they aren't satisfying my mini hunger yet! Back to the drawing board, need more stock. Paper plates by icklebits.

No comments: